Introducing the people behind the National Zakat Foundation.
Since 2011, the National Zakat Foundation (NZF) has distributed £10 million to help over 10,000 people in the UK.
In 2018 alone, we distributed £3.4 million of Zakat and supported over 2,500 people, as well as investing in 30 emerging leaders and 6 vital UK projects and institutions.
We act as a safety net for Muslims in need
Through our Economic Empowerment Programme, we award financial grants wherever we feel able to improve somebody’s long-term situation.
We offer support in a number of ways:
- Our cash grants and vouchers free people in need from their immediate financial issues and help with basic essentials such as food, shelter, clothing and travel costs.
- We offer dedicated support so individuals feel more confident about their financial circumstances in the future.
- Our programme helps individuals feel like they belong to a caring and supportive community.
- Muslims we’ve supported often report direct and beneficial impact on their faith.
We help Islam flourish in the UK
NZF invests in leading institutions and emerging leaders that are working for Islam to flourish in the UK.
Our Leadership Investment Programme offers different levels of support to Muslim individuals and institutions:
- With our help, prominent leaders, organisations and scholars reach more people, more effectively.
- We give individuals the opportunity to develop skills they can use for the benefit of the Muslim community in the UK.
- By offering funding and support, NZF is publicly promoting the praiseworthy work of Muslim leaders and organisations.
Through our 2018 Muslim Leaders Development Fund, in partnership with the Aziz Foundation, NZF invested in 30 emerging leaders.
We also supported 6 vital projects and institutions across the country.
The flagship initiatives were:
- Cambridge Muslim College
- Muslim Council of Britain’s Centre for Media Monitoring
- Muslim Council of Britain’s Visit My Mosque
- Ramadan Tent Project
- Abu Hanifah Foundation
- Muslim chaplaincy services at three leading London universities
Want to know more? Search our FAQ’s.