1. The National Zakat Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
4. When you supply any personal information to the National Zakat Foundation, we have legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 in the way we deal with that information.
Information we may collect
6. In general you can visit this site without telling us information about yourself. When you donate, register online, contact us, or interact with us in any other way, National Zakat Foundation may sometimes receive personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, debit or credit card details.
8. Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a smooth and efficient experience. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
(a) To provide you with information requested from us
(b) To meet our contractual commitments to you.
(c) To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
9. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children who visit our website. If you are under 16, please make sure you have your parent or guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Children under 16 must not provide us with personal information without this permission.
How information is used
10. We use your information in a number of ways, such as responding to correspondence you have sent to us
11. When you visit our site, we sometimes collect information that enables us to identify you and provide you with a more personalised service. We also aggregate statistics about our supporters to enable us to operate more effectively, but these statistics do not include information which can identify individuals.
12. Some non-personally identifiable information may also be used for the following purposes;
(a) Marketing statistical analysis
(b) Customer admin and support
(c) Technical admin
13. We do not sell or share any information about you to third parties for their marketing use. We will keep your personal information confidential, and will not supply it to any third party without your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
14. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
Third party websites
15. Unless stated otherwise National Zakat Foundation is not affiliated with external websites. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
National Zakat Foundation web systems have extensive security features and may temporarily install small program(s), called “cookie(s)” on your computer. These cookie(s) communicates to servers to authenticate access to our secure system and student portals. The cookie(s) do not collect any information about you, or how you are using your computer and only serve to ensure that you have identified yourself with the correct username and password. When you close your browser(s) or log off our systems, the cookie(s) are automatically removed from your system.
16. You can opt-out of receiving direct information from us at any time. You can also contact us with any complaints. Simply write to us at the following address:
National Zakat Foundation
41 Fieldgate Street