Not just 1 but 5!
5 Reasons to fulful your Zakat with NZF.
1. If we don’t meet the needs of eligible Zakat recipients in this country, who will? The Prophet (pace be upon him) said: "The best of people are those who are best in fulfilling (rights)." [Ibn Majah]
2. Over the next year we will receive 1,500 new referrals and applications from those in desperate need in the UK. Supporting them is not just an option. It is a collective obligation.
3. Scholars agree that Zakat distribution should be prioritised in the area where the funds are collected.
4. The classical principle for the distribution of Zakat was to keep funds within the same locality. When the Prophet (peace be upon him) sent Muadh to Yemen, he said: “Inform them that Allah makes Zakat obligatory for them. (It is) to be taken from their rich and given to their poor.” [Bukhari]
5. NZF’s Zakat collection and distribution policy is in accordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah and has been authenticated by the Al Qalam Shari'ah Panel and AlKauthar Institute.
This Ramadan, don’t forget those most in need within our community. Tonight we still have the opportunity to catch Laylatul Qadr; the night that is better than a thousand months. Don’t delay! Pay today.
Sharing Eid with those in need.
Jazak Allah khair to everyone who kindly donated their Zakat al Fitr to NZF this year. With your contributions we will be able to bring joy this Eid to 110 households, ensuring our Zakat eligible brothers and sisters in the UK are not forgotten. We are no longer taking payments as we have now started the distribution process. This is to allow our beneficiaries sufficient time to prepare for the day of Eid.
If you would like to make a difference, we are looking for dynamic individuals to volunteer with our distribution team after Ramadan. Find out more.
Still need to calculate your Zakat?
If you haven’t managed to calculate your Zakat yet, do not fret. Our colour-coded guide will simplify this for you. The guide takes those who are liable to pay Zakat through their calculation journey in a clear, step-by-step manner and explains the key concepts of Zakat. Download your free guide here. If you have a specific enquiry regarding your Zakat calculation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
Continuing good deeds beyond Ramadan.
It has been said that an indicator of the acceptance of our worship during Ramadan can be readily seen in our ability to continue and maintain good deeds for the rest of the year. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "The most beloved of deeds according to Allah are the continuous ones, even if they are little." [Bukhari & Muslim].
Continue to reap rewards beyond Ramadan. Visit our website and click on Regular Giving to set up a Direct Debit with NZF.